While playing around with the existing language selection list, I encountered what may be a bug.

Starting in the Example component, I switched to the Italian language. The page displayed the new language. I went to the Accounting component. The language is still English. I switched it to Italian. The page displayed Italian. I go back to the Example component and switch it back to English. I go back to Accounting and it is still in Italian.

It seems the language selection is not carrying across sessions.

Adrian Crum wrote:

I always pictured a popup screen like the field lookup screens.

So, the header would simply display the current language with a "Change Language" button next to it. Click the button, a screen pops up with the language selection list. Select a language, click "Set" and the popup window goes away. The main screen the displays the newly-selected language.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

We have recently discussed about moving the the language select box out of the header; it seemed to me there was a general consensus to go on with it, and I too think it is a good idea.

What is the best way to implement this?
A screen for language selection in the WorkEffort application seems a good idea, but if the applications are not loaded this will prevent the language selection.
One option is to:

1) add the screen to the WorkEffort application
2) display the language selection box in the header, but only for the WebTools application (we could use a parameter to hide/show the select box from the header)

Does it make sense?