On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Christian Geisert wrote:

David E. Jones schrieb:

Si,

I'm not a huge fan of tags because it's so easy to note revision
numbers. Still, I agree this is a good idea to have a separate directory for tags and in fact, thanks for brining this up because it is part of
the standard ASF practices to do tags for releases.

Let's not use the "trunk" name for the directory though, that kind of
implies that it could have it's on branches...

How about something like:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release-4.0

+1

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release-4.0-tags

ASF practice (actually subversion best pratice) would be
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tags/release-4.0
(i.e. all tags in one place)

Thanks for the sanity check Christian, that makes much more sense... ie use the directory structure already in place, no need for special treatment.