With something like this you'll probably just have to use different parameters
for the two different list elements. We done stuff like this before, but I
don't know if there are any examples in the current code base. In general your
data prep code and templates just need to look at different parameter names,
perhaps with an extension or something.

If you are using something like the performFind service or other features that
try to hide this, you may have to use the override mechanisms. I think there
are some for most parts of that, but if not then those parts would need to be
extended to support this, or you can just write stuff to manually process the
parameters, pass them to the entity-condition (or whatever) query, etc.

-David

Nick Rosser wrote:
Here is some background:

* we are using the common visual components to manage pagination
*       this uses an "viewIndex" parameter to control which page to display
(viewIndex = 2 will display the second page)

Here is our problem:

*       we have a custom UI

*       on a specific page we want to display both a list of comments
(Communication Events) and a list of Orders (OrderList)

*       if the user wants to go to page 2 of the comments . since the
viewIndex is page based and not component based . both the comments page and
the orderList page will display their Page 2 results

So, what we really need is component linked viewIndex parameters. Any ideas?

Regards,

Nick Rosser

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Office: 516.742.7888 x221

Mobile: 516.901.1720

Fax: 516.742.9169

Visit us at  <http://www.salmonllc.com/> http://www.salmonllc.com/