Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:51 AM, Chris Howe wrote:

Adrian,
Thank you VERY much for the amount of time and effort you put into this area and for spearheading the effort!!! It has greatly simplified that
area of the project and made it immensely more flexible and easier to
work with.

-Chris
--- Adrian Crum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Only a few (but significant) changes have been made during the last
month.

OFBiz has a new look in the back office applications. Many thanks to
everyone who voted for and
commented on the new style, and thanks to Jacopo for getting it
committed.

As soon as the new style was committed, Andrew Zeneski went right to
work refactoring the Order
component to take advantage of it. There are still a few Order
component screens that need updating.

I put forth a RFC email asking for comment on simplifying the layout
of the outermost HTML elements.
So far Jacopo is the only one who has responded. Since there haven't
been any objections, I'll get a
patch submitted soon.

A patch has been submitted to help advance the RTL layout effort -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-998.

Looking to the future -

I would like to start removing unused styles from the maincss.css
file. Once it is scaled down a
bit, we can create a RTL version of it so that OFBiz can support RTL
layout OOTB.

I will be ramping down my involvement with the UI refactoring effort.
Enough work has been done that
any one of the developers can continue the effort by using the
refactored components as a guide. I
will continue to help troubleshoot UI issues and answer questions and
such, but I won't be making
any more broad, sweeping changes. I will also continue to refactor
screens here and there as I come
across them.

Looking back over the last five months, it is inspiring to see how
much progress has been made.
Beginning around the middle of January 2007, the UI refactoring
effort has produced the following:

   Formulated CSS/HTML Best Practices
   Consolidated the style sheets
   Reduced the amount of code in the main style sheet
   UI was made scalable
   Default styles for widgets - reducing XML code
   New styles for recurring HTML element compounds - reducing HTML
markup
   A new look (the gradients style)

All of this was accomplished by a great team of developers who
devoted a lot of time to the work.
Thanks again everyone!