--- Jacques Le Roux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > 2) we should deprecate the usage of map-name attributes and use
> instead
> > the field="mapName.fieldName" syntax
>
> +1, but large work if we want to change all existing tag in code.

The minilang model was done really well, and allows this kind of change
to take place over time and not need to be done all at once.  If you
initially have the java support both ways and just remove the map-name
attribute from the xsd, over time as people get tired of the parser
complaining, it gets upgraded.  This assuming of course there isn't an
ongoing technical justification for separating the field from the map.