Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Without looking at a specific
environment where this is happening it is hard to comment on.

Do you have any other details you could share? Things like OS, Java, etc
versions, which XML file is being parsed, etc?

-David

Mark Gordon wrote:
I am upgrading ofbiz framework from a version from about two years ago and xml parsing is about 25 times slower on my new install.

If I swap the xercesImpl.jar files the old release is still just as fast and the new is just as slow.

Is there some flag that is set that would slow down parsing? Extra XML validation?
I set my test xml dtd to be local but no change.

All the time is spent where you would expect,
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher
Looping in the dispatch method.

Thanks in advance....  THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

-mark