Well, ok, if you really want to do this in SVN, you can.

But every commit must be preceded by writing that revision number into a "revision info file". And that file must be checked in together with the other changes, part of the same change set.

Hmm. Wait. You also have to "add 1" to the revision number in that file. Otherwise, you'll always be 1 behind.

Use a post-commit hook, or you'll get very wrong results when many committers
commit at the same time.

Jonathon

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
You're talking about "working copy highest commit revision".

See http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-subwcrev-keywords.html .

By the way, I don't think it's a good idea to put that revision number into SVN. For those users checking out from SVN, let them manually insert that revision number themselves in their build processes.

That revision number should go into a build, not into SVN.

Jonathon

Adam Heath wrote:
Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
Keyword substitution in SVN. Same as in CVS.

Nope.  That will only show the latest version of *one* particular file.
 What we want is the latest version of *any* file in the checkout.