What would be nice here is a little automated unit test to do this, and it should be pretty easy.

We have a number of nice tools to do service level testing. There are some complicated examples in the service engine that are written java because we needed more exception and transaction control (they test funky stuff...), but in most cases using simple-methods and what what is easier.

With this you could run the test for a specific component to get the data in quickly, or even have tests that generate the PDFs or whatever and dump it to a file so you can test/review even more quickly.

Better than maintaining data that the system normally generates manually (which isn't working so well...), and better than manually running stuff to generate the data.

-David