I'm having trouble using the ScreenFop view handler.

I'm trying to get the Entity Reference Chart to output to PDF. I created a Freemarker template that generates the correct output. I set up a view handler:

<view-map name="entityrefReport" type="screenfop" page="component://webtools/widget/EntityScreens.xml#EntityRefReport" content-type="application/pdf" encoding="none"/>

When I access that view, the hourglass cursor appears indefinitely. Many debug.log files are generated - totalling over a GB. After waiting 15 or 20 minutes, I close the browser window, but the rendering process continues. I have to shut down OFBiz to get it to stop. The debug logs just contain informational messages - no errors. No errors in the console log either.

I know the template is generating correct FO output because I can switch to
this view handler:

<view-map name="entityrefReport" type="screen" page="component://webtools/widget/EntityScreens.xml#EntityRefReport"/>

and the template's FO output appears in the screen. If I save the browser's page source to a file, I can convert it manually using the command-line FOP and it creates a perfect (1000+ page) PDF file. The entire process takes less than a minute.

So, the individual elements all work fine, but for some reason the screenfop
view handler gets hung up.

Any ideas?