Le 27/10/2017 à 09:50, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com
wrote:
[...] The idea of NoSQL is to think at a different conceptual level of
your domain model.

I agree! In order to leverage the power of NoSQL databases you have to
write your code accordingly and apply patterns that are fundamentally
different from the ones adopted with relational databases; also, NoSQL is a
rather large group that contains different families of products that
require different handling.
For all of these reasons I don't think that porting the entity engine to a
NoSQL database, while technically possible, would be actually useful.

Jacopo

Hi,

There are several TLPs which are *more or less* leveraging NoSQL databases with
SQL, at least: Apache Drill, Apache Hive, Apache Impala
They have JDBC drivers, but I don't know how much of SQL they support.
Of course there are also other not Apache solutions: Presto (Facebook), Dremel
(Google), ...

One of them, Trafodion (initially from HP), is in incubation for 2+ years:
http://trafodion.apache.org/
Here is a simple, clear answer about its possible usage
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201711.mbox/browser

There are JDBC and ODBC drivers for Trafodion which is based on HBase
http://trafodion.apache.org/architecture-overview.html
http://trafodion.apache.org/faq.html