Thanks for responding.

I understand that this is not an official component.  I would still like to
figure out how to get this working if possible.  Since it worked in v15, it
can't be too far gone can it?

If this thing works as advertised (as a bootstrap e-commence plug-in) perhaps
it could become part of the official project? It seems there is a need for such.

The implementation instructions are very minimal.  So, the solution does not
seem to be in just reading that.

After commenting out a few lines in the XML bundled with the project (which
pertained to security settings), I managed to get OFBiz to start.  It no longer
crashed the whole framework.  But now, this app still fails to load.  I throws
some other Java exceptions.

If there is someone who is well versed in this framework, who could give this a
look, it would probably save me a great deal of aggravation.