On 2018/08/20 07:20:38, Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de> wrote:
> Hi Girish,
>
> how did you check that these files are not getting compressed before the
> transfer?
>
> They are decompressed by the browser after the transfer so you won't see
> that they were compressed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>

> Am 20.08.18 um 09:12 schrieb girish.vasmat...@hotwaxsystems.com:
> > Hi Devs!!!
> >
> > I see that we have enabled HTTP compression in in the HTTP and HTTPS
> > connectors, but I am observing that it is not working properly for some of
> > the JS and CSS files.
> >
> > All medium to large files (more than 50 KB or so) are not getting
> > compressed. Has anyone else observed the same? I can definitely see that
> > Content-Encoding:gzip response header is set for all the files that are
> > compressed and the transfer size does indicate they were compressed based
> > on what size I see on the disk.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Girish Vasmatkar
> > HotWax Systems

Hi Michael

I can see the response headers in Chrome developers tools. For some files for
example, OfbizUtil.js, Content-Encoding:gzip indicating that it was compressed
by the server and received in compressed format.
For the other ones, no Content-Encoding header is present. Also, there is a
"Size" tab and a "Transferred" tab in FireBug showing 47.13 KB and 11.79 KB
values respectively. For select2-4.0.6.js which is one of the one I don't see
come compressed the corresponding values are 143.01 KB and 142.80 KB and the
Content-Encoding header is also absent.

Thanks and Regards,
Girish Vasmatkar
HotWax Systems