Hi all,

I think it is a good time to release a new bug fix release for the 16.11
branch, since the last one was released in January (approximately 6 months
ago) and a series of bug fixes has been already backported.
According to our naming rules, the release would be numbered as 16.11.05
because it will be the 5th release of the 16.11 branch.
Unless there are no special concerns then I will prepare the release files
for your review and call a vote on them in the next couple of days (this
email is not the vote thread so you can wait to express your
comments/votes/decisions on the release when the vote thread will be
called).