Hello Everyone,

I just received some good news from Mathieu Lirzin (Thank you Mathieu)
on the state of Gradle. Essentially, we were worried about gradle
deprecating spaces used in task names which led to problems in issuing
our standard server commands [1]. Thankfully, it seems this issue is
resolved, the gradle folks seem to have changed their minds and we can
continue as usual.

Therefore, I recommend we upgrade gradle to version 5. It is a lot
faster for loading (it runs parallel processes for downloading
dependencies) and it is also more compatible with newer versions of
Java.