Hello,

Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com> writes:

> Now that we upgraded Gradle, I think we should consider moving to the
> new LTS (JDK 11)? I tried to upgrade to java 11 and got lots of
> issues. Some deprecated packages are removed and others changed
> signature. I got 2 errors and about 53 warnings for things that should
> be fixed.
>
> Should we go ahead and attempt the upgrade? Anyone already went
> through the effort and can help out?

I think the major challenge in that upgrade will be to handle the new
module system which has been added in Java 9.

For the record, OpenJDK 11 is still not available on the GNU/Linux
distro I am using. So upgrading it right now would make my life harder.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37