All information on Person are sensitive in terms of personal privacy :) , but I'm not against limit the access.

Enumeration is a good step to improve the poor maritalStatus, personally I'm more in favor to use a party classification if you want to know the lifespan of each state. The next level would be be use PartyRelationship to determinate the marital status ... but it's a high level ^^

Nicolas