So, I went looking for Income accounts.  In the demo schema there is
no Income accounts.  I see assets and liabilities, which is good.  I
see expenses, which again is good.  I see sales, which is
liability.... not good.  I see Other Income.. good.  I don't see
Income accounts though.  In fact the only way I can see to create
these reports is with prior knowledge of the Chart of Accounts.  This
is not good.

So as a newbie to OFBiz design, what would be better:
1)Modify the GLAccount entity to have a basicReportType
{Income-Income,Income-Expense,Balance-Asset,Balance-Liability}.  This
could lead to a slippery slope of enums for every report we ever do..
however, given that Income and Balance are highly integrated into
GAAP, we can justify this.
2)In Company setup, have the user identify which accounts (and their
children), belong on a report.  This is easily expandable to any
financial report we do.  This would create a 1->N relationship between
GLAccount and Accounting Report, and a 1->1 between GLAccount and
Accounting Report Section.  And of course a 1->N between
AccountingReport and AccountingReportSection.
3)Simply create a BIRT template for the report?  This would make all
reports happen through BIRT... which may or may not be a good thing, I
don't know enough about BIRT to be able to make a decision on this
one.

I can do any of them.  I'm leaning towards
--
James A Barrows