I think due to one feature/bug skipping R17 is not good idea, I'll try to
backport this work to R17.
We all are working since long to make R17 stable, and I think R17 is in
good shape.

Making R16 deprecate, I think we need to think about Release life cycle,
release should have at least 5-7 year of life span. As a developer
perspective it's easy to switch to new branch, but as a user perspective
its not easy to switch to new branch frequently.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org