Hi All,

Thanks all for the good work and this page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Migration+from+Subversion+%28SVN%29+to+Git. I guess we can remove the comments once all is done.
I also think we should right now remove this line

   "The above workflow can also adhere to the now famous Vincent Driessen git
branching model found here..."

See below about workflow.

As ever, the devil is in the details, and we know there are much "details" when
it comes to Git[1] ;)

More seriously, I was looking on how to modify some scripts in tools.

Revert seems easy[2][3]. As long as you are not pushing you can do what you want locally. So I think we can agree about changing revert scripts to the simplest form and let people handle details themselves. Aditya added a comment[4] about that.

There is more work withbackporting the fixes (mergefrom scripts). We need 1st to agree about a default revert workflow: cherry pick or merge?[5]. Cherry pick seems OK since we mostly backport fixes. But surprises may come when backporting features? Also what about the commit message? Should I'll wait a decision before going ahead?

About the global workflow, we maybe don't need to make things complex and what Taher proposed is enough[6]. Else this recent article[7] is a good summary to discuss and pick/adapt a workflow. This will maybe surge in time maybe better to address it before, if we have ideas...

Now,

1. I'll change the Buildbot config
2. I'll will look at line endings per repository[8] and get back to you before
any change.

BTW, should this Mathieu's concern[9] been addressed?

Thanks

Jacques

[1] https://git-man-page-generator.lokaltog.net/ (sorry could not resist, happy
Git goggling)