Hi Jacques,

Inline...

On 2019/11/06 18:28:26, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Inline...
>
> Le 06/11/2019 à 17:53, James Yong a écrit :
> > Hi Jacques,
> >
> > Understand the intent of checkSecureParameter function is to avoid
> > sensitive information
> > in the URL during POST method.
>
> Was ;) It does not exist anymore, in trunk at least, after OFBIZ-11260.

[James] Thanks for pointing it out. Still need to discuss the
checkSecureParameter method below..

> > A proposal is made to provide an attribute (i.e.
> > allow-query-string-for-service-event) to allow url parameters / query
> > string for certain request. Shouldn't the value for this attribute be
> > false, instead of true, when no value is specified for the attribute?
>
> Depends, if we want to have the same behaviour than in trunk after
> OFBIZ-11260 then it should be false by default. Note that we "never" get back
> from
> changes, except in case of regression.

[James] I am ok with either way. The new attribute will be an interim solution
if we were to remove the checkSecureParameter function after implementing CSRF
protection.

> > The property service.http.parameters.require.encrypted is also not required
> > for the proposed change.
>
> Yes, re-introducing will need to revert work done with OFBIZ-11260

[James] From the comments inside the removed checkSecureParameter method,
original intent of service.http.parameters.require.encrypted is to allow
existing code to work after checkSecureParameter was implemented. Don't see a
need to get this property back.

> > As a side note, checkSecureParameter function restricts CSRF attack to a
> > POST method but doesn't prevent CSRF entirely. Maybe can explore the
> > feasibility of supporting CSRF token for OFBiz form in future..
>
> Yes, we already do: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10427

[James] Thanks for the info. CSRF protection needs to be implemented for OFBiz
form since checkSecureParameter is already removed.