inline

Le 26/02/2020 à 14:02, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> Hello Olivier,
>
> Without digging into much detail, I can say that it's a good idea to
> switch the online help system to asciidoc.
>
> The current structure of asciidoc templates is designed to be a full
> manual document. To link up different pages to different sections, you
> need to break the documentation down to smaller files and then combine
> them. This way you can have both the "big" manual and the "per screen"
> help section.

In my experience, as I'm working with
  - current ofbiz online help
  - ofbiz webhelp
  - some static doc website done with Grav (build with multiple small files)
  - some static doc website done with asciidoc (only one large file)
  - ...

With multiple small files it's needed to have a very good search engine and a
global index / TOC

With the One page doc, the TOC is very large and not always very convenient,
but exist and the browser-find works
  and it's easy to navigate between details and generality

So, as a user, I prefer help base on One page documentation.

> Also, gradle might not be enough for online help. A more robust
> solution could involve integrating asciidoc at the framework level to
> dynamically generate help. So this is another idea to consider.

When we have tried, in the past to dynamically generate html from standard
docbook process it was too slow
  it's why it was decide to use a freemarker template to do the generation,
even if only 5% of docbook syntax
  was managed.

Documentation not change very often, static page seem enough for our need.