Dear All,
I was checking all plugins developed with OFBiz. I  see both Solr and
Lucene are there, may I know why we are keeping Lucene within plugins.

As a framework we already have the Solr which resolves many functional
aspects on the top of Lucene library. Do we have any good reason to keep
the Lucene with us, as far as I remember we sample integration/indexing is
there, but not in use anywhere.

May be we can remove Lucene if it is not in use as we are already using
Solr. Or may be we have good reason to keep both, one reason I could think
of is backward compatibility. Please share your thoughts on this.

Purpose of this email is not to remove the Lucene as plugin, but wanted to
clarify why we are keeping it.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki