Of course,

I'd love too to get Si's opinion... but I have the feeling he doesn't like to participate in ML discussions. In the last months I don't remember a message from Si, apart from the comments on Jira and the commit logs. Hopefully he will find a moment to jump in this discussion, if not, I can try to open a Jira issue to capture Si's attention (I'm joking, Si)

Jacopo

David E Jones wrote:

It would be good to hear Si's comment on that, but my vote is definitely for removing it.

A service should only really have use-transaction set to false if it is doing it's own transaction management internally, like manually or in sub-services only.