Every REST endpoint, as it is implemented now, is secured by default. I had
not thought of a scenario where internal OFBiz services will need to be
invoked without authentication (externally)

Yes, the services themselves can be specified to NOT require auth but I had
always thought that was applicable within internal execution. I may be
wrong here, so please correct me.

auth and login-required are not taken into account yet, but can certainly
be, if some exportable services should be exposed as public APIs.

Best Regards,
Girish Vasmatkar
HotWax Systems