Hi James,

this should be a feature which is configurable *additionally* to the existing rendering in the page source.

As a developer, you should be able to deploy in a testing environment where the page displays exactly as it would be in a production environment. Rendered borders/comments should not disturb user testing or change the display/design.

For debugging it would be still helpful to have the comments in the source view of the browser.

My advice would be to leave existing functionality as it is and additionally add a feature/configuration to show the borders in the UI if it is configured. It should then be programmed in a way that it does not disturb the original UI layout as good as possible.

IMO it is also possible to view the iriginally loaded source code in the web developer tools inside the browser without reloading as it is done in the view source feature.

Thanks,

Michael