Hi Jacques,

+1 to all the points raised by Michael.

It can be a bit disheartening knowing that changes we make to trunk today
probably won't be used by the stable-branch user community for a few years.
Anything that can be done to shorten the major release cycle will be a net
positive in my view, but I appreciate that a too rapid release cycle might
result in some users being reluctant to upgrade and remain on very old
branches.

Thanks,

Dan.

--