Hi Jacques, All,

Thank you for reminding us of ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5827, another indicator of the
greater issue at hand. Having reread it today, I must conclude now that
this ticket raised in October 2014 deserves more explanation (especially
regarding edge cases).

Though I have tried to explain the bigger issue in various threads here
(and in tickets) through examples before this thread, I failed to succeed.
Does that mean that any of the related ticket is therefore null and void? I
don't think so, as the greater part of the related tickets pertain to a
specific use-case issue *and* are indicators of the greater issue.

IMO, before we can start working towards a solution and addressing
individual tickets in JIRA (or preferring one over another), we need
answers to this question:

Why should the community allow deviations from the general consensus
regarding <entityName>Role entities (see [1], meaning having lifespan
fields) to exist when talking about BudgetRole, InvoiceRole,
SegmentGroupRole, SalesOpportunityRole, OrderRole, OrderItemRole,
AgreementRole, CommunicationEventRole, ValidContactMechRole, PartyRole,
FacilityGroupRole, ProductStoreGroupRole, ItemIssuanceRole,
ShipmentReceiptRole, TimesheetRole in its codebase? What are these
exceptional use-cases that make these <entityName>Role entities deviating
from those under [1] so special that we need to have them in the codebase?
Why not let these deviations reside at party using OFBiz? They can extend
entity models to their particular needs, right?

If we can find those answers, then I believe we can address the use cases
regarding the screens/forms, etc. that a user of a single component can
work with per OOTB functionality of OFBiz (I am here not talking about the
user above all other users), and what the downstream records are that also
need to be generated (as part of the request, if any).

[1] <entityName>Role entities adhering to the general consensus:
GlAccountRole, BillingAccountRole, ContentRole, DataResourceRole,
WebsiteRole, MarketingCampaignRole, QuoteRole,
RequirementRole,ProdCatalogRole, ProdCategoryRole, ProductRole,
ProductStoreRole, PicklistRole,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since