Hi,

I think I made some progress while reverse engineering how ofbiz is built and I decided to share this so on the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3500

My train of thought is to split the current setup first into 4 static gradle sub-projects:
* framework
* application
* themes
* plugins - we should add plugins dynamically first

Each sub-project should have it's own dependencies {}, source-sets {} etc.

We can then depend these sub-projects in the main project.

Benefits we get from this change:
* we get closer to publish ofbiz parts as libraries .
* we get closer to smaller components - which are easier to maintain
* we get better dependency management - and closer into splitting the ofbiz monolith into smaller services

Please let me know how you feel about this.

--
Eugen Stan

+40770 941 271  / https://www.netdava.com
begin:vcard