Hi Eugen,

This seems to confirm what you said:
https://htmx.org/essays/a-real-world-react-to-htmx-port/

Thanks

Jacques

Le 08/08/2022 à 22:30, Eugen Stan a écrit :
Hello,

I recently came across htmx (and _hyperscript).
I am currently evaluating it - no real experience yet.
What I tested so far has impressed me.

I think htmx can bring a lot of value to a project like OFBiz .

It can provide a way to have a dynamic pages - that load fast and a good
upgrade path:

* You still get to have pages rendered on server
* You add attributes to markup and these call in a service
* The service will reply with the bits of HTML that will replace an element in
the page.

What I like about it is:
* Very small footprint (10k gzipped JS)
* Works with "normal" http
* Simple to reason about
* Content is generated on the back-end - so under all security rules
* Easy (IMO) to adopt to OFBiz UI - progressive enhancement

I do have some mixed feelings about _hyperscript - but that is optional.
I will try it though in a personal project and see how it goes.

Please try it out:  https://htmx.org/ .

Their tag line is:
(Haiku)
javascript fatigue: