Dear community,
we'd like to dig into OFBiz' subscription handling. We already started to check
all of the available resources on the web and it feels like the subscription
handling is more or less in a proof of concept state with a few open endings.
One simple example that bothers me: When a subscription is ordered the
changeOrderStatus-SECA triggers the processExtendSubscription-service. This
service automatically sets the thruDate of a subscription to the current date.
If I understand this correctly this is done because the service implicitly
assumes that the subscription should be extended which isn't correct in most of
the cases I can think of. I'd rather keep the thruDate open until the
subscription expires - either because of the useTime or the useCount exceeds
the defined limits of this subscription (e.g. valid 1 year from start, valid
for 10 usage hours, valid for 5 usage counts). A clear from/thruDate-relation
which we are familiar within OFBiz also seems to be more consistent to me from
a data model point of view.
Before digging into that and implementing the relevant services or checks I
just wanted to discuss if those "open endings" were left open on purpose to
increase the flexibility of possible use cases or if simply someone stopped
working on it.   Thanks so far.

FreeMail powered by mail.de - MEHR SICHERHEIT, SERIOSITÄT UND KOMFORT