Hello all

There is about two weeks left before the joint OGC-ASF-OSGeo code sprint in Switzerland [1]. The main sprint goals are to support the development of open standards for geospatial information and to support the development of free and open source software which implements those standards. Registration is free and still possible until April 18th. Developers who are new to OGC standards, OSGeo or ASF projects are welcome as well.

OGC is still looking for mentors for providing guidance to developers that are new to OGC standards or to your project. A mentor can provide tutorial about how to get some practical results with a project using OGC standards. A mentor can also help new developers to contribute to your project, for example with tests or documentation. More details with mentoring examples are available at [2]. The mentor does not need to be physically present at the code sprint.

The section about Apache projects is currently a bit short [3]. It currently contains:

 * Apache SIS
 * Apache Baremaps
 * Apache Superset

If a project would like to be added to this list, please edit the above-cited page (it is a wiki). In previous years (this is the third code sprint edition), I think that we had Apache Jena among other projects. Mentoring can be done remotely via "Discord" channels. Sections of [3] where a project could be added are:

 * Which Apache projects are going to participate?
 * Project and Working Group Pitches
 * Mentor streams

Thanks in advance to anyone who may volunteer!

    Martin Desruisseaux

P.S.: this email has been sent to Apache projects listed in the Geospatial category [4]. I noticed that Sedona are Baremaps are not listed there. If you would like to be listed, you can add a <category> tag in your DOAP.RDF file, for example like [5].

[1]https://developer.ogc.org/sprints/20/
[2]https://dev.to/doublebyte/3rd-open-software-and-open-standards-code-sprint-call-for-mentors-ofp
[3]https://github.com/opengeospatial/developer-events/wiki/Open-Standards-and-Open-Source-Software-Code-Sprint#which-apache-projects-are-going-to-participate
[4]https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category#geospatial