Hi Michael,

Inline again

3. suddenly there was a mass of new PR's which were merged in a hurry
unneccesarily (my personal point of view), with some corrections soon after

4. 3. blocks 1. even further now because those changes are not complete/not
rolled out for every component.

I'm unsure that these changes are not complete for every component and even if
it's the case it should not block the creation of a release branch.
And if ever issues remain (not necessarily related to these changes) it's not a
big deal to fix them once freezed.

Instead of 3. we should have delayed merging those new features and worked on the blocking issues of 2. to be able to create a release from an almost stable trunk.

So you speak about other known issues than
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12995.
Have you a clear view about them ? Else my answer to 4. should be reassure you,
not a big deal.
To complete, I guess you speak about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12928.
A large majority is completely done and resolved when needed (thanks to trunk
demo logs)

Only 3 (on 46)  are pending:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12951. I let a bit of time to
Pierre. If it's still pending when we want to Freeze we should revert.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12978. Nothing done there yet.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-13042. Waiting for a fix before
pushing.

As ever with Pierre, we disagree about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-13068.
As I said there, and knowing how it gets in such cases, I prefer to "keep this issue
reopened and I'll not close your PR."

I have created
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+24.xx+Roadmap

Unrelated : I also plan to close a lot of old pending Jira soon...

Jacques

There is also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-13049. But that's out
of scope for the moment.