Hi Omar, and thanks for sharing.
I started this upgrade as well as you can see on the jira [1]
I encountered a problem with The migration of JUEL connector and the FlexibleStringExpander in doing so, and i didn't had time to work more on the subject.

You're are more than welcome to share your work !
Also, what version did you upgrade ?

Best regards,
Gaetan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12989