Hi,

With https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/231650e1b6 I fixed few errors that would not happen if we were using @CompileStatic  in Groovy files as mentioned at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57982247/groovy-compiler-and-non-existing-call-method

I vaguely remember having using it before it was incorporated in Groovy.
It was then with a Groovy fork and if IIRW it was slow or/and not totally ready
(was arounf 2012/2013 IIRW)

Has someone tried to using it with a large number of Groovy files, like in
OFBiz (600+  files) and if so how was the experience?

This said, if it's reasonable I wonder if we should not try to use it, at least
temporarily, after our migration from Minilang to Groovy.

I tried a bit but it's not that easy because we have some (or a lot of) files which are not classes so CompileStatic  fails there, and correctly changing all files takes time...

Another question: what has refrained us to make all Groovy scripts as classes,
if there is a reason?

TIA for enlightenment

Jacques
PS: I regularly (almost weekly) check the trunk demo error.logs. I'm happy to
say that it's much more clean than it was months ago.