What is the best way to implement the ability to setup default GL settings for divisions for a certain company?

For example, in the OFBiz demo data, we have the "Company" company and some division (internal organizations, part of Company): MARKETING, ACCOUNTING, SALES, DEV, TESTING.

After that we setup the GL settings for the main company ("Company"), what should we do to implement the GL settings for its divisions?
What are the data that we have to duplicate?
Recently David Jones suggested an interesting approach for the PartyAcctgPreference entity: if the record is missing for a division, then get the one of its parent; in this way we can define, in a central place one Error Journal for all the divisions, one currency etc... We could also share the same approach for all the Gl type/account mappings... but here things get tricky: how can we know if we have to look at the parent's settings? Can we use the existence of the PartyAcctgPreference as a way to know if there are settings for the division or not? However there are records that simply need to be copied over: GlAccountOrganization (and possibly others) is a good example; how should we implement this? Automatically copy the record, when it is created, to all the divisions?

There are many other similar issues and now I'm start wondering if it is not simply better to just provide some import/export features that facilitate the process of cloning an accounting setup from one company/division to another one.

Hmmm... so many questions... please help.