On Jan 28, 2008, at 1:00 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 22:11 -0700, David E Jones wrote:
3. looking at the data model it appears that the Accommodation Map
structure is meant to handle the Accommodation Spot concept, ie I
don't think there is a need to distinguish those... but correct me if
I'm wrong and I'm missing the distinction!

A accomodation plan is a kind of drawing of the accomodation, which
seats/table are where located. The number of spots and their description vary in number and definition, therefore we need the accomodation spot.

What you're described is pretty much exactly what I understand the Accommodation Map structure to be used for.