If you want to make text bold, then you should use the <b> tag. The label class
does more than make text bold - it also has padding to separate the label from
the element it describes.

As a general rule, we should try to use styles for their intended purpose. The
label class should be used for labels only. If the label class is used for
other purposes, then later on when someone restyles the main style sheet, you
might end up with unpredictable results.

As far as <h1> versus <span class="h1"> is concerned, the <span> element is
what the screen widget outputs. So, sometimes you don't have a choice in which
element to use.

There are other alternatives to David's suggestion of wrapping things in <div>
elements and restyling them. Not that there is anything wrong with that
suggestion, I'm just saying there are other choices. You can have a local style
that overrides the style sheet style. I've used those here and there in the
project. The general rule I try to use is to make those local styles very small
- so that restyling the main style sheet won't have an adverse impact on the
local style.

-Adrian

Jacques Le Roux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yes, I agree.

I was confused by Marco's suggestion too. I mean, I can't see what is the point
in replacing all the  tag by
class="label">.
This because a HTML tag is obviously the simplest way of coding in HTML (simple
is beautiful :o). But maybe I'm msiggin something
here ?

Jacques

From: "David E Jones"

> I haven't been as involved in this most recent effort, but as a  general
> approach for working with HTML and CSS the minimal style
> seems  to work best and produce the most flexible and small code.
>
> In other words instead of using:

> we should just use:

> Along with this if we want to style things in one part of a page  different
> from the rest we simply wrap that page in a div tag
> with an  id attribute like this:

> For examples of how this should ideally work the index.html page for  the
> ofbiz.apache.org web site is a good example. The
> different  sections have their own IDs and the tags within them are simple,
> standard HTML tags like , ,
, etc.