Marco,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If I did not remember wrongly in Italy a company has to collect all the Sales
Tax and Purchase Tax and pay to the government the difference between those two
amounts.

yes

In my opinion the VAT tax has to be calculated and shown (with tax included or
excluded) at Order Item level because is it possible that for a order item we
will have different tax rates or tax exemption (tax rate = 0).

Yes, I agree with you that calculating taxes (both for sales taxes and vat) for each item is the right way to go: and OFBiz is already doing this in the right way... no difference here between sales tax and vat, no work required :-)

For example if a stationer sell two differents products like that:

Order Item 1   Newspaper        Price € 1,00 Tax € 0,00* Total € 1,00
Order Item 2   Book Accounting Best Practices   Price € 15,00 Tax € 3,00 Total
€ 18,00

Order Total
Tax Rates  Amount To Tax    Tax Amount
0%         €  0,00          €  0,00
20%        € 15,00          €  3,00

Total € 18,00

* = tax already included in the price

I don't think that the example of the Newspaper is correct: if the tax applies, then we have to store the price in OFBiz without tax (e.g. € 0.83); the way the price is shown to the customer is another issue but it is not really related to the VAT tax. But this is true both for sales tax and for vat... no difference here between the two taxes.

Jacopo

Thanks
Marco