Hi community,

I am looking at he current SFA application and encountered a major
problem.

Current status:
account, contact and lead use the find program from the party component.
This program assumes in the SFA application that a party is either a
lead or an account or contact....otherwise the same party can appear in
account, contact and lead at the same time.

When i convert a lead to a contact, i have to delete the 'lead'
partyrole from that party...and therefore have to remove any
partyRelationship which refers to this role....(cannot use the thrudate)

In the future we also want to assign leads to loginparties so they can
maintain their own leads.....

So i think it is required to go away from this principle and use the
view PartyRelationshipAndDetail and extend it with fields which are
required for the search and use the performFind service.
This gives the possibility to use the thruDate on roles, have a
different status when a party is currently a lead/contact/account and
even provide some permissions dependent on that..all in the
partyRelationship entity.....

And because of the from/thrudate have a full history....

this means a rewrite of the contact/lead/account find/list screens....

What do you think?

Regards,
Hans Bakker