As of rev. 671223 I have fixed most of the warning messages (not the ones for unchecked operations) happening when you build the framework. There are still a few of them, but that we can't get rid of, and one that could be fixed, but I don't have time to do the research:

[javac] /Users/jacopoc/ofbiz/ofbiz-trunk/framework/catalina/src/ org/ofbiz/catalina/container/CatalinaContainer.java:425: warning: [deprecation] setManagerClassName(java.lang.String) in org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster has been deprecated
    [javac]         cluster.setManagerClassName(mgrClassName);
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] 1 warning

The suggestion from the Tomcat API is the following one:

"Deprecated. use nested <Manager> element inside the cluster config instead."

But it doesn't help me very much... any help would be appreciated.

There are also a few warning in the pos component... but that is not in the Framework and so it is a lower priority.