I'm not clear on what you're asking. I use code analysis here, but it's not something I would consider including in the project. Why would the tool's license be an issue?

-Adrian

Adam Heath wrote:
I'm looking at various code coverage tools; there are very few free ones
available.

I've personally used cobertura; it's gpl v2.0(1), so not compatible.

clover is what is installed for use by apache projects; but it's
actually non-free, so I'm not even going to consider it.

emma is cpl 1.0(2); I haven't been able to find any definitive answer
about license compatibility, but from reading their faq(3), it appears
to be compatible.

cobertura has the nicest report, and includes mccabe's average
cyclomatic code complexity; none of the others do this.

Anyone else have any thoughts/pointers?

1: http://cobertura.sourceforge.net/license.html
2: http://emma.sourceforge.net/license.html
3: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-cplfaq.html