Thanks Scott for the pointers. I missed those as the titles didnt look
relevant.

I think GenericDelegator is being refactored currently - what about adding
additional parameter to the findBys or other suitable way which allows
callers to specify whether to create a transaction or not? Seems like number
of ppl need this for performance reasons.