PS : resurrection of an old thread from 2006...

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Anna,

the quick answer is yes and no.

At now, when the order is created, the product configuration is lost (it is not saved into the db) but a manufacturing order (aka production run) is created; in the production run you can see all the materials needed to assembly the finished product (the materials are determined by the configuration options selected for the product). A link to see the details of a production run is already present in the Order Manager --> Order Detail screen (below the order item).

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

Anna Schietz wrote:
hi,

so, is there already a way to access the configuration of a product after
the order has been sent?
I would be interested in trying to store the configuration in the database
but it would be great if I somehow could make this work in in the meantime
withtou storing the configuration in the database because I have to finish a
first prototype by the end of February (and for the project I'm working it's
quite important that I show the configuration in the orderstatus page).
Of course I would contribute the code but I'm not sure if it will be good
enough, I still have a lot to learn...

Anna