I did a similar suggestion (but less documented, thanks to Jira updates and
your research this is more clear now).
There has been not much interest, but this seems interesting and helpful to me. I must confess I'm a tools/gadgets addict (kind of old geek perversion ;o) but strangely only with software.

Jacques

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi to all,

while I'm checking some issues on JIRA I have seen from the on-line
help that it can be possible to add some more statuses to tracks in
details the actual status of an issue.
I didn't know if this argument was already discussed but probably it
can help the committers to see which patches can be reviewed.

These are the missing statuses in JIRA.

On Hold
    The issue is open but work on it is temporarily suspended until
further feedback is received determining its resolution.
Continued
    The issue was on hold, and feedback was received indicating that
further action are required towards its resolution.
Patch Available
    A patch for this issue has been uploaded to JIRA by a contributor.
Patch Reviewed
    A patch attached to this issue has been reviewed by another
contributor.
Patch Revised
    A patch attached to this issue has been revised by the contributor.
Patch Finalized
    A patch attached to this issue is ready to be committed.
Ready To Review
    Issue is to be reviewed before resolving/closing

Thanks
Marco