Joe,

I agree with you 100%. When I think of tracking numbers I think of tracking shipments, when I think of tracking codes I think of tracking URLs and referrers, usually in some sort of marketing campaign.

I think what you propose is to change this to be consistent. Consistency is always a good thing, and lack of consistency leads to confusion and incorrect implementations.

I agree with this change. Keep in mind though, when changing this field, it will require and upgrade path. Keeping the old field and providing a way to migrate the old data to the new field.

Just my two cents.

Andrew