Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Nov 10, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

Raj Saini wrote:
Adrian Crum wrote:
I spent a little time looking at ServiceMix. It seems to duplicate a lot of the OFBiz infrastructure - which may be good or bad. It has its own application server container and persistence engine. Maybe we could create our own ESB based on whatever persistence layer OFBiz uses (Entity Engine or some future existing library) and JBI.

I really like the idea of OFBiz implementing ESB - an OFBiz user could easily plug in additional ESB applications.

-Adrian

I don't think ServicMix has their own persistence and service layers. ServiceMix is implementation of Java Business Integration (JBI) What they have are called Binding Components (BC)and Service Engines (SE). I see OFBiz applications as another BEs and communicating to each other using JBI standards. Also, we can run service mix as standalone as well as embedded container. For example Apache Geronimo application server embeds ServiceMix. ServiceMix 4.0 will support OSGi components.

Thanks Raj! I saw that the ServiceMix download included Jetty and Hibernate. I admit I don't know enough about it - so I didn't realize those were optional.

If there is enough interest, it would be nice to get a discussion going in a Jira issue or on the Wiki.