We've actually been through all of this before. It's actually worse to have the jdbc drivers included. The problem is that people run and deploy with it and find weird problems if the version in ofbiz doesn't match the database version. The result is production down time and repeated mailing list questions.

So the answer, again, is: no, we have decided as a community to not include these jars. Unless the issues above as resolved that will NOT change.

-David