I have a problem with it too.

Anyone who is trying to upgrade from a revision that has more than two versions of the same table would need to do it incrementally anyway.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

I have a pretty big problem with this actually.

First: changes to pks should be pretty limited, and when done should be carefully reviewed. These are a significant difficulty when upgrading and should never be done lightly or without looking at other alternatives.

Second: when we "deprecate" an entity the new entity should have a totally different name, and NEVER be the same as the old entity. That means that if the new one were deprecated, it could have "Old" added as a prefix without conflicting with the entity that it replaced.

-David