What do you mean by "still localized fields just fine"? Do you mean that somehow it managed to localize the field _without_ the Locale being passed in? Must be some sort of voodoo involved...

-David

On Dec 12, 2008, at 3:51 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

I tested GenericEntity and it still localized fields just fine. I will continue to look into it though. Thanks for the reply!

-Adrian

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, David E Jones <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

From: David E Jones <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject: Re: LocalizedMap.java - Do we really need it?
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 2:46 PM
How do you plan to support the Entity Engine (through
GenericEntity) feature of implicitly localized fields
(currently used for StatusItem, Enumeration, various
others)?

What FlexibleMapAccessor is doing with LocalizedMap is
seeing if the Map passed to it implements the interface, and
if so then when doing a "get" operation it will
pass in the locale.

The LocalizedMap interface was created and is implemented
by GenericEntity so that the FlexibleMapAccessor would not
have to know about the GenericEntity class itself (since
FlexibleMapAccessor is lower level and doesn't know
anything about the entity engine).

You can eliminate it, but please understand what it is
doing and implement that in a different way before doing so.
It would be a shame to lose this feature and break the
various things that depend on it.

-David