Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Also could {util: syntax deal with stuff like "{bsh:org.ofbiz.*" (ie replace bsh by util there) ?

Mmm, thinking more about (and after a quick look at UelUtil.java and UelFunctions.java) I guess it makes no sense to invoke
"util:" in these cases.
But would a simple syntax (without "util:" ie simply removing "bsh:") not possible (I guess it's not possible right now, but could
it be ?)
I believe we can't nor yet replace "bsh:" "by "grovvy:", I'm wrong ?

The idea behing all theses questions is to slowly get rid of BeanShell everywhere (since not maintained anymore)

Thanks

Jacques

This would allow to replace most of bsh uses in xml files

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Hi Adrian,

Is {util: syntax also dealing with ternary operator (did not look into details, doing some {bsh: to {util: changes while changing(/adding) type from "Double" to "BigDecimal" as David suggested recently

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Now that we have the Unified Expression Language implemented in FlexibleStringExpander, we gain the ability to use UEL
functions.

On the plus side, UEL functions can make screen widget and mini-language code more flexible and more powerful. On the minus side, you have to know the functions and what they do (in other words, no auto-completion when working in XML).

As an example, I frequently need to know the size of a List, Map, or String. With current code, I have to use the bsh: prefix
and a short script:

<set field="mapSize" value="${bsh:uiLabelMap.size();}" type="Integer"/>.

Using a UEL function:

<set field="mapSize" value="${util:size(uiLabelMap)}" type="Integer"/>

or to get the length of a String:

<set field="stringSize" value="${util:size(uiLabelMap.CommonParty)}" type="Integer"/>.

I don't know if this would be of any use, or if it is desirable. I'm just tossing the idea out there for discussion.